Midwest City Amends Code To Allow Food Trucks

According to city officials, by making this change, food truck operators will be allowed to operate within the city limits of Midwest City, as long as they follow specified requirements, including only operating in areas zoned for business or industrial uses.

Operating a food truck in Midwest City will now require a license and an up-to-date food manager’s certification from the Oklahoma City-County Health Department. Food truck operators will have to file a sworn application in writing, provided by the city clerk, and pay an annual city license fee of $250.